Want a yummy healthy treat?
Recipe for the Paleo Banana Bread I made last Friday!
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted and some for greasing
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 5 super ripe – like black – bananas (this brings out the sweetness in them and makes them easier to mash!)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla paste (real vanilla beans mashed into a paste)
- 2 tablespoons honey (you may need more if bananas are not black as the older and blacker the bananas the sweeter they are!)
- handful of crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius and grease a 20cm x 23 cm leaf time with coconut oil then line with baking paper
- In a large bowl combine coconut flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt mixing well
- Place 4 1/2 bananas in a bowl and mash throughly. Slice the remaining 1/2 banana and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk eggs, vanilla and honey then stir in mashed banana
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and stir through until combined.
- Add coconut oil and keep stirring until incorporated
- Spoon batter into loaf tin and spread evenly. Add banana and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes then place foil cover over time to stop the top from burning
- Cook for another 45-50 minutes or until skewer insert comes out clean.
- Remove then let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve in slices!
Want more? Check out our other blogs on Paleo:
And some of our easy Recipes
Want more on CrossFit Tone nutrition? Check out our Ultimate 8 Week Clean Eating Transformation
Interested in kick starting your training? Grab our 2 week Pink Pass Trial – just $39 for unlimited training sessions!
About the Author
Elle has a passion for women's fitness and helping girls improve their self-image through fitness. Her vision is to create a CrossFit gym, which allows women to learn how to move, build their strength, learn to be healthy and gain respect for their bodies showing them how amazing they really are! Find out more